Vario EC-135 Electric

Post you current projects and keep them updated for all to see!

Moderator: Admin

Multinut
Scale Builder
Scale Builder
YouTube: www.youtube.com/lancr735

Re: Vario EC-135 Electric

Post by Multinut »

Looks like it is getting close to being ready to fly though, NICE work
Helifreak 007

Post by Helifreak 007 »

Hi Phoinix,

I'm following your built and also the built of the Vario EC-135 "Lifestar" for a long time by now from The Netherlands. I realy have a lot of respect for your styles of work. Detailed, clean and awesome !!!!

I'm also a "detailed" RC scale helicopter builder in The Netherlands and I've done different nice projects by now. This year I defenitly want to purchase an EC-135 fuselage to start this year. I don't know yet which one it wil be Vario 1:5,9 (1320/30/40), Vario 1:4 (1380/81/82) or a Schwing 1:5. One thing is for sure.....I WILL PURCHASE ONE OF THESE this year to start a nice built of the Dutch Police version of the EC-135!!! I don't now yet if it will be an electric or turbine version, but that I will define once I'm in the middle of the built. I know that working on a scale fuselage needs a lot of dedicated hours. (Detailing, 3D printed add-ons, riveting, sanding & primer, scale lights, paintings, etc. etc.)

Ok enough of my small introduction for now hahahahah :laugh: .

I just wanted to share a beauty piece of something with you and all your followers. I know that all the "true scalers" have a lot of headache when it comes to correcting Vario. I saw that you already began with the measurements of the height, degrees etc. of the rotorhead/blades differences in the scale one and the real one.

So look what I've found on Google a while ago when searching for scale EC-135 stuff.........

Look at this beauty, but Vario doesn't make them anymore!!!!! :#*%:

Maybe a tip for Phoinix to write Vario to ask them if they can produce these heads and blades again for all the Vario EC-135 fans/builders. I think this rotorhead system and the blades are so clos to the real thing. Thank God you can see the part numbers on the photo's :dribble:

I'm sure I made a lot of you guys glad with these pictures, but at the same time a little sad because they don't make these beauties anymore.

With pleasure....regards,

Helifreak 007
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vario EC-135 Dutch Police
Phoinix
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/phoinix2

Post by Phoinix »

Thank you for sharing. I had no idea it existed. I sent an email to Frau Zodtner of Vario, maybe she knows more about it and if she does, I'm definitely interested in buying.

Dutch police has a nice paint scheme. You will be building similar equipped 135 to mine. If your budget is sufficient go for 1/4 - there's a lot more space inside. But its probably the same as with 1/6, you will need to do all the details yourself.
garyl
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by garyl »

I think Vario called that the bendix head.
Phoinix
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Phoinix »

I'll be getting info from Vario on Monday. Till than, let me ruin the day with actual measurements of EC135 cockpit... It sure ruined mine, when I measured the seats and cockpit I got ages ago from cine scale. The good thing is, I'll be loosing 400g easy, the bad news is, I'll be throwing away all the sh*t and scratch building the whole cockpit. Exception is the fine scale modela instrument panel shell which I got separately and is only 10 mm out of reality.

1:6 scale

And here are some higher res photos if anyone is mad enough to scratch it.

Phoinix
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Phoinix »

I never thought I would be installing the magnets for 4 hours. But I'm glad I took the time as the cowling now fits like a glove to the fuselage shell.

After installing all sorts of formers and layers of FG on the inside of the cowling, I finally cut the transmission and engine doors. Its now showing a huge gap in between the doors, that will be backed with titanium look-a-like after painting. The gap is really obvious on the real heli.

And than came the long cut. With the magnets in order there is nothing left to do. I'll fit a lip on one half and sand the other to give it a smooth transition within the joint.

Héli Suisse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Héli Suisse »

actual measurements of EC135 cockpit
You're a true source of inspiration, and a great photo library! Thank you for these valuable images! :cool:
Phoinix
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Phoinix »

Before I got the job at our Police Air wing, I was helping with maintenance as a volunteer for 2 summer seasons. With almost every helicopter came the b*tching about inaccessibility of places for maintenance and inspections. That being my guide I let my imagination loose on the top cowling. Its easily accessible and it takes seconds to clip it onto the magnets.

Phoinix
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Phoinix »

Helifreak 007 wrote:Hi Phoinix,

I'm following your built and also the built of the Vario EC-135 "Lifestar" for a long time by now from The Netherlands. I realy have a lot of respect for your styles of work. Detailed, clean and awesome !!!!

I'm also a "detailed" RC scale helicopter builder in The Netherlands and I've done different nice projects by now. This year I defenitly want to purchase an EC-135 fuselage to start this year. I don't know yet which one it wil be Vario 1:5,9 (1320/30/40), Vario 1:4 (1380/81/82) or a Schwing 1:5. One thing is for sure.....I WILL PURCHASE ONE OF THESE this year to start a nice built of the Dutch Police version of the EC-135!!! I don't now yet if it will be an electric or turbine version, but that I will define once I'm in the middle of the built. I know that working on a scale fuselage needs a lot of dedicated hours. (Detailing, 3D printed add-ons, riveting, sanding & primer, scale lights, paintings, etc. etc.)

Ok enough of my small introduction for now hahahahah :laugh: .

I just wanted to share a beauty piece of something with you and all your followers. I know that all the "true scalers" have a lot of headache when it comes to correcting Vario. I saw that you already began with the measurements of the height, degrees etc. of the rotorhead/blades differences in the scale one and the real one.

So look what I've found on Google a while ago when searching for scale EC-135 stuff.........

Look at this beauty, but Vario doesn't make them anymore!!!!! :#*%:

Maybe a tip for Phoinix to write Vario to ask them if they can produce these heads and blades again for all the Vario EC-135 fans/builders. I think this rotorhead system and the blades are so clos to the real thing. Thank God you can see the part numbers on the photo's :dribble:

I'm sure I made a lot of you guys glad with these pictures, but at the same time a little sad because they don't make these beauties anymore.

With pleasure....regards,

Helifreak 007

The reply from Vario:
This head was a design for our small EC 135 with 1,50m rotor disc. Neither the model, nor the head is still for sale. The head was discontinued for safety reasons.
Héli Suisse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Héli Suisse »

This head was a design for our small EC 135 with 1,50m rotor disc. Neither the model, nor the head is still for sale. The head was discontinued for safety reasons.
I'm by no mean surprised by the answer. I would have expected nothing less than that! Unfortunately!!! :#*%:

Return to “Current Scale Projects”